[Zope] Lighten up ;^P... was: Pickled Meat Product

Fri, 18 May 2001 09:10:55 -0700

Look, I see a huge difference between a "get rich quick selling laxatives"
message floating into my inbox opposed to a vendor that is targeting me
based upon my perceived business and technical interest.  I have no problem
with a vendor occasionally sending me info as long as they aren't telling me
"if you don't buy our product, you will be better off working from your
basement selling laxatives."  Come on people - choose your battles here!

I make business and technical decisions regarding who my employer chooses to
do business with - and believe it or not, I don't mind being informed in
that regard, even if that means, for example, that I get a message every
week from a Sybase rep of the week peddling stuff I am frankly not
interested in (actually, I prefer that to getting three national forests
worth of junk mail and postcards from them).  Hit delete if you don't want
it - I promise that you won't end up a freelance laxative salesperson if you
read the message...

Sean

Sean Upton
Senior Programmer/Analyst