[Zope] Calculating how long time a user spends on a page

Frank Tegtmeyer fte@lightwerk.com
21 May 2001 10:09:11 +0200

Gitte Wange <gitte@mmmanager.org> writes:

> It's for a cinema that plays movies (pay-per-view), so I need to count the
> minutes from the movie begins to the user exits.

At the web you can only make some guesses how long a user stays on a
page. You never will get feedback if the user simply goes elsewhere or
closes the browser.

For pay per view (in your case for time) you may

- use a specialized application to play the video (not user friendly :)
- force the user to do something to keep the video stream alive (also
  not user friendly :)

First do a decision about which way you ensure pay-per-time then think
about the implementation.

An option would be of course pay-per-view without time limitation.

Regards, Frank