[Zope] Zope on Windows2000

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:22:56 +0200

> I have no direct experience of running Zope on Win2K, but it runs just
> fine on that platform. If you have no choice about the OS, but can coose
> for Zope still, I see no reason why you should switch.

I have experience of running Zope on most windows platforms and I must say
that I am so far most impressed by w2k.
The 9x/ME shouldn't even be mentioned. But the speed of w2k vs. NT4 is worth
noting. Alone on this?

I have though had some problems once with the services on w2k. I restart or
shut down Zope from the ZMI Control Panel and it refuses to restart. So I
click the Services thing in the Windows Control Panel. It looks like it
tries to start it after a click on the "play button".
It then complains about that the services is aldready running and the
Services looks in windows like it isn't started. This however starts Zope
but looks funny in the Windows Control Panel.
Later they restarted the machine and I quit the company. Don't know if the
problem remains.

Cheers Peter