[Zope] Newbie Question

Ignoramus Maximus iggymax@mac.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 16:56:05 +0800

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response. Loved the <shameless plug></shamelessplug> ...
you've got great comic timing. More below:-

>First, I'd like to say that your questions are not at all trivial, and I
>had to do a lot of research to answer these questions for my own work.

>Squishdot is a product that creates sites similar to Slashdot. It looks
>nothing like a Mac site, but the graphics can be customized. See
>http://www.zope.org/Members/chrisw/Squishdot
>
>If you need more workflow features, then the CMF might be more suitable
>for you. Please read through the documentation at http://cmf.zope.org
>before you install CMF, it is a complex software package.

Thanks, I thought it wouldn't be such a brain-strain, I guess I was wrong.
I don't think I'll have a problem with trying out Squishdot at all, nor
CMF. I know it's going to take a lot of sweat and cups of coffee.

Kinda worried bout the clients tho. They've been spoilt by the user
friendliness of the Mac and will balk at the idea that the cms they'll
use is different.

I'm sure that one can be developed, I'm just not sure as to which tools
to utilise to build what they want.

They want a superfast site, with lots of quicktime files (stored in MySQL)
that's easily updateable by non techs. They'll also need a workgroup
calendar
solution that would enable them to work collectively from remote
locations.

I know that they sound like a big company, but they're aren't ... they
only
have 5 staff. But they'd like to use the site as their virtual office,
so to speak.

Oh yea .. they need loads of Flash.

><shameless plug>
>If you would like some help with this site, we do technical and creative
>consulting.
></shameless plug>

Hey! I might just need to call on you, if I can't handle this on my
lonesome. ;)
but without going through much detail ... can you forsee
potholes/problems?

iggy