[Zope] (no subject)

Andreas Wandel wandel@math.uni-potsdam.de
Tue, 22 May 2001 17:38:14 +0200 (CEST)

First of all: sorry for the forgotten subject line ...

Casey Duncan <cduncan@kaivo.com> wrote:

> Andreas Wandel wrote:
> >
> > Casey Duncan wrote:
> > > You cannot nest dtml tags inside one another like that. If you want
> > > pass the rendered content of a DTML document to the method use:
> > >
> > > <dtml-var expr="ExtMethod(DTMLDocument(_.None,_))">
> >
> > This one works, thanks a lot. But what about Docs with a dot in the
> name
> > like  "somedoc.html"?
> >

> Tip: Don't use dots in object ids for this reason. That said, you can
> get around this using:

If I could prevent them I would do it. But most of our employees post their docs
out of Netscape Composer directly into zope...

> <dtml-var expr="ExtMethod(_.getitem('somedoc.html')(_.None,_))">

YES! This is exactly what i wanted. Great!

> Using dots in object names makes for ugly expression like the above
> because dots are significant in Python.

The reason is clear, didn't know how to workaround. I am waiting for the next
release of HTMLDocument, which (hopefully) makes such expressions unnecessary

Ones again:

Thanks

Andreas Wandel