[Zope] zopelogo nerves

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Tue, 22 May 2001 14:13:12 -0500

Browsers are free my friend, even Opera.  Opera is also available for Linux
(http://www.opera.com/download/).  My superior tools comment applied to
Linux and Windows where superior tools are available (at least superior to
Netscape, IMO).

> <snip>
> I hope that I did not offend anyone, it was not my intention.
> </snip>
> You certainly offended me. I don't have the time to explain to
> you why some of
> us love freedom and  community ,  and use linux not only because we are
> convinced in real ways it is technically superior to some other operating
> systems but that it is morally superior as well.

Sorry, it wasn't meant to.  I don't need explaining to, if you'd have read
it more closely you'd have seen that no where did I suggest one OS over
another.  In fact, I spoke of browsers exclusively. Linux is a fine OS, the
open source movement is badly needed and I agree in part that it is
technically superior, I may debate you on where morals come in but you are
entitled to your opinion too.

BTW, here at Range we use SGI IRIX(5), RHL 6.2(4), SUN OS(1) and Windows
2000(2) so I do have some basis for comparison.

--
Jeffrey D. Peterson
Webmaster/Web & Web Applications Engineer