[Zope] Zserver stability problems

nuno nuno@fccn.pt
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:41:43 +0100

Hi again !

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sherwood Robinson" <srobinson@fredericksburg.com>
To: "nuno" <nuno@fccn.pt>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zserver stability problems

> Try restarting Apache... does it come back that way?

I have tried restarting apache when this problem had occured, but
everything was still the same ! When i restarted zope all became fine !
I have read that this kind of problems can be related to the number of
threads,
I have checked that, i have the sugested 4 threads running !

I discovered in this mailling list that in some cases, zope hangs due to
the lack of requests !!! Isn't it strange ?

> Can you tell how much of your system resources are being use by Zope?
There are 6 python processes spending 26 M each. I have plenty of RAM : )
All resources are fine !

> Does it seem like the site gets slower the longer it is running?
Nope ! Actually it's speed is good !

> Are you running Debug.log on your Zope?
I am now, i'll keep an eye on that log !

> Are there any changes that you made to your Zope before this happened?
I altered the dtml-tree source code because i wanted to pass some arguments
in a recursive way.
I think it has nothing to do with hanging zope.

What do you thing of using fastcgi ? Could it hang zope ?
What is so strange is that zope is allright, and sudenly it gives me a blank
page with the zope listenner UP !

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Nuno