[Zope] zope logo/webpage design contest

Charlie Blanchard charlie@blanchardsite.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 09:21:33 -0700

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:57:54AM -0700, Jason Byron wrote:
> I think we should have a zope logo/webpage design contest.
>
> Any graphic artists out there?

Nothing against graphic artists, but what purpose would a site
graphic design overhaul serve? What _is_ it that we go to
zope.org for? Pretty pictures and flashy graphics? I think not.

Zope.org exists primarily to serve the community with tools and
information. A graphic artist is, as I've argued before _not_
going to improve the goal of more/better tools/docs on the site.

Do we want flash or substance? I really think this is an
important question since resources need to remain focused on
supporting and building the community.

cheers,
--
charlie blanchard