[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 1.0pre3

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 24 May 2001 16:06:47 +0200

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of ZShell 1.0pre3.

ZShell is an external Zope method which allows you to
manipulate the ZODB using standard unix shell's commands
from within Zope's Management Interface in your web
browser.

ZShell is licensed under the GNU General Public Licence, with
some clarifications of my own concerning it's use with Zope.

You can download it from:

        http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome/zshell/

New features are:
=================

	* view, manage and properties now work fine.
	* Modification time format in ls output is shorter.
	* The dump command works.
	* wget now handles local files and directories correctly.
	* suckfs will never exist because wget now can do that, and more...
	* Added some urls to the GNU GPL FAQ, backing my position.
	* DocStrings fixes.

Apart from the fixes, the most interesting things in this version are:

	* you can now suck files or directories (not recursively yet)
	  from the server's filesystem into the ZODB, using wget.

	* you can now dump objects' source to the server's filesystem
	  using the dump command. However only objects which have a
	  callable document_src attribute are dumpable, yet. This
	  means, essentially: DTML Methods, DTML Documents, Python Scripts.

Thanks to all the people who helped to make this happen, especially
Jim Penny who gave the dump command idea, but I've just realised I've
forgotten to put his name in the CREDITS file... (it's a TODO for
the next version)

As usual, comments, patches, bug reports, etc... are welcome.

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr