[Zope] Tree tag cookie questions

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 14:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Dunigan, Craig wrote:

> At exactly what point does Zope send a cookie for the tree tag?  It seems
> that it does so when the user expands or contracts the tree, but am I right
> about that?

Yes anytime the visual state of the tree changes, it sends a new
value for the 'tree-s' cookie.

> And does Zope save tree state for each and every page visited,
> if they all have a tree?

No, the *browser* saves the tree state.  That's what the cookie is for.

>  In multiple cookies, or just one big cookie it
> keeps modifying?

There is just one cookie named 'tree-s', and it can only hold the
state for one tree.  This is why you cannot have two trees in the same
document.

>  Is there perhaps a limit somewhere to how many tree states
> Zope can save for a single session?

Once again, Zope doesn't save the state, that's what the cookie is for.

> Obviously, I'm having trouble with the tree tag behavior, but I might figure
> it out on my own if I can get some of these answers.  Thanks.

What's the trouble?  You haven't described your problem.

-Michel