[Zope] MySQLdb-0.9.0c2 and ZMySQLDA-2.0.7b1 co-release

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 24 May 2001 18:01:43 -0400 (EDT)

The final (I hope) candidate release for MySQLdb-0.9.0 is out. I hope to
push out the real 0.9.0 some time next week. In addition, ZMySQLDA-2.0.7b1
is also out. It needs MySQLdb-0.9.0, if you hadn't already guessed. I'd
also like to do a 2.0.7 release next week as well. I'd appreciate some
testing and feedback, even if it's just "Worked fine for me". Please
notify me of any bad behavior.

Summary of major changes:

MySQLdb: Is now a true package format. This results in some minor
incompatibilities with earlier versions, though if you stick with using
the DB API, you shouldn't have to change anything. If you are creating
your own type converters or special cursors, then you might need to make a
few changes. Fully documented in the source for use with pydoc (in Python
2.1). The external documentation has been expanded to include some
instructive examples. With the release of MySQL-Max (the binary package
with BDB and InnoDB table support), I have been able to do some real
testing with transactions, and everything looks ok. Binary packages for
Python 1.5.2 and 2.1 are available (tarball and RPM).

ZMySQLDA: Most of the updates are behind the scene so that it will work
with 0.9.0. A + or - at the beginning of the connection string will now
either force transactions on or off. It tries to return INTEGER columns as
Python integers; if this fails (i.e. column is really UNSIGNED INT), they
are returned as longs. This eliminates the trailing L's for the most part,
even though this should not be an issue with Zope 2.4 since it uses Python
2.1, which does not add the L on str().

Note that if you are using a pre-compiled Zope binary package, you will
need to relocate MySQLdb so that Zope's Python interpreter can find it. If
compiling yourself, you can probably do:

python setup.py install --prefix /path/to/zope

(for more options, try: python setup.py install --help)

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy