[Zope] Prerequisites for a desktop IDE, or any desktop app w/ Zope

Luke Tymowski luke@seeto.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 20:30:02 -0400

Hello,

For those interested in Kylix, Borland has just dropped the price of the
Desktop version from $999 US to $200 US.
http://shop.borland.com/Category/0,1257,3-15-1080,00.html

I work at a Delphi shop and Kylix is quite nice. I installed it and
played with it briefly.

But it's a bad choice for building a Zope IDE because ... it's x86-only
and only Windows or Linux.

Those of us who use MacOS X or OpenBSD are out in the cold.

The beauty of developing with Zope is that it runs on just about
anything Unixish. Using Kylix would take that advantage away.

Luke