[Zope] Tree tag cookie questions

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 22:03:42 -0400

From: "Dunigan, Craig" <craig.dunigan@esker.com>
> that they can return to a page and have whatever tree state they "saved"
on
> that page reappear, and reading what you just wrote, I don't think that's
> true, is it?  Obviously, it isn't happening, but it _appears_ (key
concept!)
> that it is happening at some times and not others, and I'm trying to find
> out if it _can't_ happen, or if I did something wrong.

As Michel explains in another email, the same cookie is used by all
instances of the Tree tag, so there can effectively only be one tree state
per site per browser.  You could get around this by hacking the Tree tag, or
by trying out the generic TreeMaker class from ZTUtils.  It doesn't have all
of the features of the Tree tag yet, but it has enough that I was able to
write an example using Page Templates that works just like the standard Zope
management tree.  Unfortunately, that example is about all the documentation
it has.  If you're interested, check out http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/ZPT

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am