[Zope] Newbie question: http-cache, caching elements

E. Seifert e.seifert@gmx.net
Sat, 26 May 2001 11:49:19 +0200

Hi fernando

>does anyone know how to cache objects like gifs by a http-cache? my problem
>is that i have a navigation (constructed via tables) that is set up and
>changes dynamically every time a link is hit. this table includes a small
>picture. i think with the standard http-cache i can only cache "finished"
>html sites.  therefore the picture is loaded every time i click on links
>that have not been clicked on before. i would like to cache this special
>element explicetly. can it be done?

There are two types of cache mangers in Zope:

The 'Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager' and the 'RAM Cache Manager':

The first one sets special HTTP headers to help proxies (e.g. web browser or
squid) to cache your pages, images, etc. properly. This is the one you
should use to cache your picture.

The RAM Cache Manager caches finally rendered objects/pages in your computer
memory to speed up presentation at cost of memory usage.

Bye,
Eric