[Zope] Zope won't start

Leonard Sitongia sitongia@qwest.net
Mon, 28 May 2001 10:28:58 -0600

My lastest efforts:

I dropped the Zope 2.2.2 port, and built 2.3.2 from sources, using
w_pcgi.py.  (Point of confusion: Quick Start describes using this
one, but it's the approach for using an existing server, however
it starts up Zserver on port 8080, and Apache is on port 80
of course.  Later, the INSTALL.txt describes using wo_pcgi.py
to install using Zserver, which still appears to start up the
same way.  So, what's the difference and how does Apache
get involved?...).

I couldn't get the super manager authentication to work, and
tried various configurations, CLEARTEXT, SHA and CRYPT.

So, I rebuilt it with wo_pcgi.py.

The username/password that the install created didn't work,
but when I recreated the password, using CRYPT (as the
install did), it now works.

So, FreeBSD port for Python 1.5.2 + Zope src 2.3.2 +
wo_pcgi.py + recreate the password with

python zpasswd.py -u admin -p (password) -e CRYPT access

gives a running Zserver Zope.

==Leonard