[Zope] Filtered exportObjects

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:20:39 +0200

> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 06:13:21PM +0200, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> > On my site I have quite a lot of Photo's meta_type=['Photo'] and they
cause
> > the zexp file to become very very very big (currently 86 Mb for 180
Photos).
> > I would like to export my whole site but skip certain paths or meta
types.

> > The best way would be to write a little External Method or Python Script
> > that calls manage_exportObjects() with a filtered object.

> > Does anybody have a good solution? Or something to give me a better
start.

> Just use ZShell:
>
> find / --type Photo --exec "export {}"

No that did not work.
I created a folder called "dummy". Filled it with Images and DTML Documents
and subfolders with Images.

Command: find /dummy --type Image --exec "export {}"
Results:
Object /dummy/subfolder/Athlete.jpg exported to server as Athlete.jpg.zexp
Object /dummy/Apap.jpg exported to server as Apap.jpg.zexp

But this is not true.
In my <zope>/var directory these ZEXP files don't exist.
BUT, dummy.zexp and subfolder.zexp do.
Importing these and you get back to what you had before, except that
dummy.zexp already contains the subfolder object.

ZShell v1.0pre3
Should I upgrade? Can you suggest a different command?

Peter