[Zope] Re: [Zope] the "cannot rename zclass" bug ...

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Tue, 29 May 2001 18:54:39 +0200

> I've seen this a number of times over the past year
> and can't recall the cause or solution ...

> Instances of a zclass cannot be renamed either via
> manage_renameObject or the management interface.
> The zclass is not catalogaware - its base classes
> are ZObject and ZObjectManager (in that order).
> I have other similar zclasses that can be
> renamed without problem.  The problem seems to
> be with the paste operation.  Any ideas?

Hi,

is there any chance that the string in
the management interface of your zclass,
tab "Basic", field "Meta Type" is different
from the "Add list Name" of your zclass's
factory?
If yes, correct that and I think it will
work.
Btw. does anybody know the exact meaning of
these two zclass related properties?

cheers,
oliver