[Zope] Possible: Saving and re-issuing the REQUEST?

Philipp Robbel philipp.robbel@eml.villa-bosch.de
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:44:07 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0E9B6.3CC4B83E

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Zope's REQUEST. I'm creating a main site
that includes a drop-down menu generated by SQL data.=20
On the same page - right above the drop-down menu - there's supposed to
be a "Create new drop-down entry"-link which opens a small window via
javascript.
In this window the user can enter a new entry and insert it into the SQL
Database. Additionally I would like a "REFRESH" button in this
javascript window which would refresh the main site with the
sql-generated drop-down menu to show the changes made in the
sql-drop-down.
This refreshing should be done with the original request which was used
to call the main site at the beginning.

Is this possible? Via javascript I can access the "main-site" via
"top.". But I don't know how to the following:

MAIN SITE is called with a REQUEST -> When "Create new drop-down entry"
is clicked, SAVE REQUEST of MAIN SITE, PASS it to the javascript window
-> If REFRESH-button is pushed in javascript window, PASS REQUEST back
to MAIN SITE and REFRESH the main site along with the original request.

I would be glad if a Zope guru could help me :-)

Thanks in advance,
Philipp

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0E9B6.3CC4B83E

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DWindows-1252">
6.0.4417.0">
<TITLE>Possible: Saving and re-issuing the REQUEST?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi all,<BR>
<BR>
I have a question regarding Zope's REQUEST. I'm creating a main site =
that includes a drop-down menu generated by SQL data.<BR>
On the same page - right above the drop-down menu - there's supposed to =
be a &quot;Create new drop-down entry&quot;-link which opens a small =
window via javascript.<BR>
In this window the user can enter a new entry and insert it into the SQL =
Database. Additionally I would like a &quot;REFRESH&quot; button in this =
javascript window which would refresh the main site with the =
sql-generated drop-down menu to show the changes made in the =
sql-drop-down.<BR>
This refreshing should be done with the original request which was used =
to call the main site at the beginning.<BR>
<BR>
Is this possible? Via javascript I can access the &quot;main-site&quot; =
via &quot;top.&quot;. But I don't know how to the following:<BR>
<BR>
MAIN SITE is called with a REQUEST -&gt; When &quot;Create new drop-down =
entry&quot; is clicked, SAVE REQUEST of MAIN SITE, PASS it to the =
javascript window -&gt; If REFRESH-button is pushed in javascript =
window, PASS REQUEST back to MAIN SITE and REFRESH the main site along =
with the original request.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
I would be glad if a Zope guru could help me :-)<BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance,<BR>
Philipp</FONT>
</P>