[Zope] How to give caller acquisition path to an object through python script ?

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:09:10 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the previous post. It was obscure. So I'm rewording it.

I's not possible to expose my problem with a simple phrase. So I'll write
down an example:

I got a "main" DTML method that contains:

-- DTML method "main" --
<dtml-var "getobject(somearg)">
---------------------------

"getobject" is a python script that finds a Zope object (DTML method or
document) depending on "somearg".

-- Python script "getobject" --
# find someobject depending on "somearg"
return someobject(context)

The problem is that "someobject" renders using the acquisition path of the
FOLDER that contains "main"
I want the "someobject" to use the acquisition path of the "main" DTML
object rather than the one of it's folder.

Any clue ?

TIA

--Gilles