[Zope] Netscape Problems

rroeber1@unl.edu rroeber1@unl.edu
Thu, 31 May 2001 08:32:16 -0500

--=_alternative 004A5DB486256A5D_=

>From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
>To: <zope@zope.org>
>Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:37:57 +0100
>Subject: [Zope] Netscape Problems

>I'm getting a bit suspicious about the number of times Netscape and Zope
>aren't playing together for me :-S
[snip]

>Has anyone else experienced any of the above and does anyone have any
>solutions?

We found some instances where Netscape loads pages very, very slowly and
on Windoz can freeze the entire machine for several seconds or even
minutes. I have seen this happen with the EventFolder product and most
recently with a heavily modified Squishdot that we are using. We thought
it was due to Style Sheets, however upon further investigation by our
designer, it appears that the use of lots of tables--in particular nested
tables--seemed to be the culprit. As we reduced the number of tables in
the layout, Netscape loaded the site nearly as well as IE. BTW, Netscape
4.7x behaves this way on the three platforms we tested (Mac, Linux,
Windows)
Our Zope is version 2.3.2 and we are using FastCGI with Apache 1.3.17 to
provide the service. We are frustrated too.

Ronald L. Roeber
CIT-IANR
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68583  Phone: (402) 472-5630
email: rroeber1@unl.edu

--=_alternative 004A5DB486256A5D_=

&gt;From: &quot;Chris Withers&quot; &lt;chrisw@nipltd.com&gt;<br>
&gt;To: &lt;zope@zope.org&gt;<br>
&gt;Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:37:57 +0100<br>
&gt;Subject: [Zope] Netscape Problems<br>
&gt;I'm getting a bit suspicious about the number of times Netscape and Zope<br>
&gt;aren't playing together for me :-S<br>
[snip]<br>
&gt;Has anyone else experienced any of the above and does anyone have any<br>
&gt;solutions?<br>
Ronald L. Roeber<br>
CIT-IANR<br>
University of Nebraska<br>
Lincoln, NE 68583 &nbsp;Phone: (402) 472-5630<br>
email: rroeber1@unl.edu <br>
--=_alternative 004A5DB486256A5D_=--