[Zope] dtml-tree: controlling expanded nodes

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 12:08:36 -0500

Markus,

I've been spending a lot of time looking into exactly this.  The short
answer seems to be no.  The long answer is:  lots of folks have tried, all
have given up (that I can tell so far).  It seems it would require modifying
the source for the tree tag, or figuring out (without documentation, just by
reading the source) how to manipulate some of the tree variables, like
tree-e.  From the mail list archives I've read, it looks like we can't even
be sure of how the tree will respond to these variables, since it's written
to *set* them, not receive them already set.  I haven't given up yet, so if
I come up with anything better I'll let you (and the list) know.

Craig Dunigan
Web Programmer
Esker Software - Extending the Reach of Information
mailto:craig.dunigan@esker.com
Ph. 608.273.6000
Fax 608.273.8227
http://www.esker.com