[Zope] FTP and file names

Tina Poole Tina.Poole@mincom.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 16:34:31 +1000

Hi all,

We are using WS_FTP to load files onto our Zope site. The problem is
attempting to download some of the files off the site for updating.

It seems to be the file name which is causing the problem. They are being
seen in the FTP window as

Name                      Date

01 14:09 savingafile

instead of

Name				  Date

savingafile			14022001 01:09

It seems, as far as I can tell, parts of the date are being added to the
front of the file name. This does not happen for all files and I can't find
a common factor to the files that are displayed in this way. They work fine
on the site and in the management pages.

If you look in 'The Zope Book' in chapter 3 - Using Basic Zope Objects, in
the section Uploading Documents and Files with WS_FTP, figure 3-3 shows an
example of what is happening. The first three files have wrong names and the
last file (openwindow) appears to be OK.

I have gone through the changing the settings in WS_FTP and searching their
knowledge base as well as the Zope site but can't find any reference to this
problem.

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

thanks

tina

tina poole
technical writer

MineStar
Mincom Limited
Brisbane Australia

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this E-mail are the opinion of the
writer only and are not endorsed by Mincom Limited unless expressly stated
otherwise.