[Zope] How do I send requests from forms?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:12:33 +0100

Hi Phill,

--On Thursday, November 01, 2001 13:55:04 +0200 Phillip Gibb
<phillipg@prism.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am used to the std way in tomcat to place my java servlets in a
> directory that I can see. But now with Zope, I find myself a bit lost.
>
> Looking at the management interface it appears that I must import the
> files from the import dir. After doing this and using a normal form
> structure I can't seem to get it working - can't find the resource.

Hm. what has "Import something from Import dir" to do with
"send requests from forms" ?

The import dir you are refering to is only a temporary storage
outside the ZODB to allow import of security critical objects
in any place in the object tree. This is only meant to be so for
the management-interface.

Handling of forms is up to the zope supported mechanism of
all the zope objects. Best is done with Python Script objects,
making the math and returning values in the request object for
the template they call.

To gasp the whole zope thingy at once might be hard sometimes,
but then... lerning to fly is also not esay, but flying itself
is great :-)

Regards
Tino