[Zope] What is Error(200)?

Stuart Nicholson stuart.nicholson@wirelessdatanz.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:36:15 +1300

I believe that this may be caused by the pcgi wrapper binary timing out. Presumably you're running Zope through pcgi? And presumably your reporting operation takes some time.

I am not an expert but you'll also see this message if Zope chokes for some reason (for example I see this occasionally if the back end relational DB I'm using isn't running).
I suspect you'll have to modify the pcgi wrapper source to increase the timeout?

Stuart Nicholson
Software Engineer
wirelessdata - making data fly
DDI (09) 306 3935
FAX (09) 379 7360

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Grimes [mailto:sgrimes@atinucleus.com]
Sent: Friday, 2 November 2001 12:27 p.m.
To: Zope
Subject: [Zope] What is Error(200)?

I'm trying to run a rather large report and The report writes a couple of
files to the disk and should report and should display a summary and links
to the files on screen. The report writes the two files but all it returns
to the browser is the following:

! Temporarily Unavailable
The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again
later.

(107) bad stdout strlen (0)

This is the source of the browser page:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Temporarily Unavailable</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
<TABLE BORDER="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
  <TD WIDTH="10%">
  <CENTER>
  <B><FONT SIZE="+6" COLOR="#77003B">!</FONT></B>
  </CENTER>
  </TD>
  <TD WIDTH="90%"><BR>
  <FONT SIZE="+2">Temporarily Unavailable</FONT>
  <P>
  The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again
later.
  </TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
(107) bad stdout strlen (0)
<!--
No error
pcgi-wrapper-version 2.0a4
-->
</BODY></HTML>

When I look at the Debug screen I see the following:

2001-10-30T19:02:45 ERROR(200) ZServer uncaptured python exception, closing
channel <PCGIChannel at 18678a0> (socket.error:(10053, 'winsock error')
[C:\Program Files\ATIAnywhere\ZServer\medusa\asynchat.py|initiate_send|211]
[C:\Program Files\ATIAnywhere\ZServer\medusa\asyncore.py|send|274])

Any ideas about what could be causing this?
I'm running Zope 2.2.0 on Windows NT4 sp5 through IIS 4 and PCGI.

Thanks,
Steven Grimes
Database Engineer
sgrimes@atinucleus.com