[Zope] Re: SVG and smart images

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 23:34:17 -0600

>Obviously, if you want on-the-fly generation of
>png/jpeg version then you need either something that
>can do the conversion from svg or you need to generate
>png/jpeg rendering yourself.

A quick search revealed this:

- I found a reference to a svg2ps converter, even though I could not find
the program

- This is the interesting one: http://www.eskimo.com/~robla/svg2swf/ A
Python program that converts SVG to SWF. I looked at it. It is a lot of
code, but very straight forward. The math is done for you. All you gotta do
now is to draw on a PIL Image frame instead of a SWG frame. That should not
be too hard (just a lot of work). After you converted everything to a
SVG2PIL converter, I will help you making it a Zope product (I have
experience with that - see the Latex- and ZGraphMethod at
http://demo.iuveno-net.de).

Regards,
Stephan

--