[Fwd: RE: [Zope] conflict error]

Adam Warner lists@consulting.net.nz
06 Nov 2001 00:31:24 +1300

Sorry Prabu I do not know the answer. I've forwarded your message to the
list. You should still supply the error message details.

Regards,
Adam

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: prabu <ajprabu@yahoo.com>
To: Adam Warner <lists@consulting.net.nz>
Subject: RE: [Zope] conflict error
Date: 05 Nov 2001 15:58:12 -0800

Tx Adam,

I ve used a python function replaceQuote(objectname) as a python script in
zope.

The content of the replaceQuote function is

    ResString=''
    UnfString=strParam

    if not UnfString:
        return(ResString)

    UnfString_Len=len(UnfString)
    UnfString_Cnt=0

    while UnfString_Cnt < UnfString_Len:
        Unf_Char=UnfString[UnfString_Cnt:UnfString_Cnt+1]
        UnfString_Cnt=UnfString_Cnt+1
        if Unf_Char=='\'':
            ResString=ResString+'\\'+Unf_Char
        elif Unf_Char=='\\':
            ResString=ResString+'\\'+Unf_Char
        elif Unf_Char=='\"':
            ResString=ResString+'\\'+Unf_Char
        else:
            ResString=ResString+Unf_Char

    return(ResString)

This function will replace the single quote('), double quote(") and slash(\)
to a set of character which is prefixed with slash(\).

I m calling this function as below whenver the objectname is accessed by a
ZSQL method. (Becoz ZSQL method raises a zope error if the object name is
inserted with special characters(',",\).)

   <dtml-let Py_Product1="replaceQuote(Product1)">
         <dtml-call "Insert_CSTable(Py_Product1)">
   </dtml-let>

The problem is - I m calling this replaceQuote function often throughout the
page. Sometimes if more number of users are accessing the same page the
Conflict Error occur. Can I solve this problem anyway.

Prabu