[Zope] INSTANCE_HOME - where are my Products???

Paul Winkler slinkp23@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:56:17 -0500

I wrote:
> 2) I moved my Products from lib/python/Products to
> $INSTANCE_HOME/Products.  Now when I start Zope, all my products show
> up in the Products management page and appear to be OK, but all
> existing instances are broken, and my Products don't show up in the
> "Select type to add..." list.

Whoops. Sometimes it's the simplest things...

The start script that ships with Zope sets an environment variable
INST_HOME. This needs to be changed to INSTANCE_HOME in order for Zope
to find the products there. It's spelled INSTANCE_HOME in the HOWTO,
but I overlooked that detail...

--

paul winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com