[Zope] VHM and hard-wired URLs generated by stock Zope code

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:25:01 -0600

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 02:35:00PM +0000, Richard Barrett wrote:

> I do not want to use extra ProxyPass directives in my Apache config
> to handle these "unadjustable" hard-wired URLs. Aside from hacking
> at the source code does anyone know of a clean solution for this
> problem.

Depends on if the vast majority of the content is in Apache, Zope, or
neither. If it's in Apache, I'd bite the bullet and add the few extra
directives for the /p_ directories and similar. If most of the content
is in Zope, I'd use something similar to my howto at
www.zope.org/Members/mwr, which assumes that Apache content is the
exception rather than the rule (or at least the Apache content can be
found in a few standard URL regular expressions). If the content is
relatively evenly divided, I'd flip a coin.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu