[Zope] Traversal issue...

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:02:44 -0800

For traversal, You should just be able to acquire folder B's namespace from
folder A using <dtml-with>...

If not, I think the following more explicit DTML/Python script combo will
work for you:

DTML:
<dtml-with getUserObject>
 <dtml-comment>do stuff here</dtml-comment>
</dtml-with>

--------

#==> TTW Python script ("getUserObject"):
username = context.REQUEST.cookienameforuser
#following assumes you have an object in folder B with an
# id that matches the user name
namespace_FolderB = context.REQUEST.PARENTS[1]['FolderBId'][username]
return namespace_FolderB

Hope this helps...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Foster [mailto:rob@thefosters.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 11:29 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Traversal issue...

Ok, here's the setup...

I've got two adjacent folders:
Folder A - This folder has a form that will allow users to edit the
properties of a specific zclass instance that resides in Folder B.
Folder B - This folder has a bunch of instances (each instance's id maps
to the username of a user in the system)

Now, the users each have a cookie with their username set...

When they fill out the form in folder A, I want to update the instance
in B that maps to them (based on the value of their cookie), but I can't
seem to "get to" (traverse?) the right instance with either DTML or
Python.

Any help would be appreciated as always.

Thanks,
Rob