[Zope] Zope Server Crashes

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:12:43 +0100

Michelle Jacobs writes:
 > We've been running Zope on Linux since March 2001 and we've been quite
 > pleased - even put our company web site on Zope. However, over the past
 > few weeks we've experienced more and more frequent server crashes until
 > finally, out of desperation, we upgraded from 2.3.2 to 2.4.2.
What does it mean "crashes"?

  *  Do no longer respond, but otherwise is still running
  *  Dies with a "core" image (usually needs to be enable with
     the "ulimit" command)
  *  Dies without a "core" image

You can use the "-M" option to analye the failing requests
for patterns that cause the crash.

Is there any strange resource growth: fast CPU usage, increasing
memory load, ... before the crash?

Dieter