[Zope] Changing Zope's 'basic realm'

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:43:58 -0500

Change it by setting a Z_REALM environment variable before you start
Zope.
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/realmtip

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart Nicholson" <stuart.nicholson@wirelessdatanz.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 8:11 PM
Subject: [Zope] Changing Zope's 'basic realm'

> I'm building a WAP service using Zope and basic HTTP authentication.
I've noticed that when refused a URL because user is unauthorised some
WAP cell phones display prompts like
> 'Authentication required for Zope' to the user. I would like to
change this prompt to match my product's name (otherwise users are
likely to become confused) but I can't quite
> figure out how...
>
> So far I've tried (without luck):
>
> 1) Changing the hardcoded 'realm' attribute in
ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py and restarting Zope.
> 2) Changing the Root folder title property.
>
> Am I missing something? Can anybody suggest a solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stuart Nicholson
> Software Engineer
> wirelessdata - making data fly

> The information contained in this communication is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and
others authorised to receive it.  It may
> contain confidential or legally privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance
on the contents of this information is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
system.
> Wirelessdata Ltd is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor
for any delay in its receipt.