[Zope] Clipboard functionality in my app

Douwe Osinga dmo@oberon.nl
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:13:29 +0100

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your advice.
>> 1) After the user presses Cut, my browser will be pointed to
>> the Zope environment, eventhough the url in address still has the
>> right value. I would like to return to the page where I came
>> from, not the Zope environment.
> Check the action of your form!
> Seems to point to a Zope management page.
Yes, that is what you would suppose. However, the action of the form
points to the object it self, not to the manage method. It calls the
manage method nevertheless.
I suppose I could redo the cut/paste/copy stuff in python, but just placing
<input class="form-element" type="submit" name="manage_cutObjects:method"
value="Knip" />
is so much easier.

>  > 2) I cannot determine when to show the Paste button. Zope only
> shows it when Paste is possible. I would like to do this too and
> build some more restrictions (not all objects should be pastable
> in all folders).
> Zope remembers the clipboard content in a cookie.
> The paste button appears when the cookie is defined and not empty.
Do you happed to know which cookie should contain what?

Douwe