[Zope] Open product icon

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:40:33 +0000

At 06:28 09/11/2001 -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
>On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Jonny Karlsson (Rivermen) wrote:
>
> > I'm new to Zope and is wondering about open and closed product icons. I
> have
> > a site from where I have exported a product from and a other site where I
> > have imported the product. In the export site the product icon is opened,
> > and in the import site it is closed. Why?
>
>The "open box" indicates a product that was built throught the Web, a ZClass
>product. The "closed box" is a filesystem-based product, not editable
>through the Web.
>
>-Tim

I do not think this explanation is correct. I too built a ZClass on one
Zope server: it had an open box icon in the Products directory. Built a
distribution, allowing re-distribution, for this ZClass and added that to a
different Zope server on which it now shows a closed box icon. The product
is fully editable on the second system desptie the closed box icon; indeed
it ongoing development and maintenance is now done on that system.