[Zope] Can't add objects to Folder-like product

Jesper Holmberg jesper.holmberg@enst-bretagne.fr
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:31:00 +0100

Hi Chris, thanks for your prompt answer.

* On Sun Nov 11, Chris Withers wrote:
> > class Parsing(Folder, Implicit, Persistent, RoleManager):
>
> You don't need any of these since Folder already subclasses them ;-)

Thanks. You can tell I'm a newbie, no?

> > However, when I try to do this in my Python code, the troubles begin. I
> > have this line in Parsing.py:
> >
> > self.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFolder(name, title="")
>
> hmmm... maybe self is acquisiton wrapped in this instance, in which case
> _getproducts can't be acquired.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this.

> Is do_Steps called from Persing's __init__ method perhaps?

Yes, that's right. I didn't know that was bad. And how would I solve this?
I'd really like to add some Step elements when I create an instance of
Parsing.

TIA

Jesper

--
          Jesper Holmberg            |"But how can |
  jesper.holmberg@enst-bretagne.fr   | one be warm |