[Zope] Re: Is Structured Text Broken in Zope 2.4x ???

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:44:41 -0800

Good list of valuable qualities for web documentation.

"Chris McDonough" <chrism@zope.com> writes:
> The former, mostly, I think. Wikis are not really the best tool in
> their current forms for this goal because they heavily encourage
> "bazaar"-style collaborations that are somewhat at odds IMHO with

Gotcha. I slightly fear that the word "wiki" has become associated
with mandatory wide-openness, inevitable chaos. When I think wiki I'm
usually thinking "all possible configurations of wiki+zope you can
dream up". Also I think, perhaps you'll agree, there's just no getting
around the need for sustained maintenance effort to achieve those
qualities you mentioned, regardless of the tool.

But no question the right tool & model can be vital. I had another
look at BackTalk and it's great - hope it works out well.