[Zope] help architecting persistent services in Zope

Jin Choi jsc@OrangeImagineering.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:36:31 -0500

Hello. I'm attempting to expose a COM object as a Web service using
Zope's XML-RPC capabilities. I have it working, but I've come across an
issue and many hours of searching documentation have not made it
apparent how to resolve it.

The COM object I'm using takes a non-trivial amount of time to start up.
I'd like to create a bunch of them and keep them around, kind of like
database handles in a connection pool. It is not clear to me how to do
this, without creating a product analogous to a database connector. I
don't suppose there's some way I can create objects at some "global"
interpreter level, accessible by every thread?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jin