[Zope] Indexing: ZopeSplitter and numbers

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:36:03 +1100

On Wednesday 14 November 2001 06:07, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Zope 2.4.X allows to have multiple splitters. So you can write your own
> splitter.
> The only disadvantage is that there is currently no offical API (except
> monkeypatching)
> to add custom splitters (but there is a already a proposal in the fishbowl
> to address
> this problem).

_and_ the default splitters are written in C, and therefore very fast. Also,
what's the level of zcatalog-fu that's needed to write a splitter, or even
modify an existing one? I'd hazard to say it's pretty high...

Oh, look... another "How do I get a catalog to index numbers correctly?" post
since I sent my question. Hrm. Are you sure there's not a better answer to
the reasoning for this behaviour than "it's dumb"?

   Richard