[Zope] ZCatalog alternative

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 01:01:44 +0000

Andreas Jung wrote:

> What we
> really need
> is more more open architecture of the ZCatalog for things like splitters,
> stemmers etc.
> I have some ideas in mind but they have not find their place in a proposal.

Well, I have a very open-architectured ZCatalog equivalent called Indexer. I was
hoping to release it once I'd made it scare to full text searching 40,000 1-5
page documents. However, ZODB seems not to be able to handle this and is holding
up the release.

I actually have splitters written in python (no, not one that works for unicode
yet...) sinze, if you think about it, splitting _doesnt_ need to be lightning
quick since it only happens once when the document is indexed (and maybe when
parsing the queru, but queries are usually very short...)

If anyone is interested in this, help me make it scale. Then I can write docs
and release it...

cheers,

Chris