[Zope] Zope and Python Install

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:44:42 +0300

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:43:11AM -0800, Frank Stephan wrote:
> I have Zope 2.4.1 installed on my machine.
> Now I want to write standalone apps in python.
> Can I use the python version that comes with Zope 2.4.1?

   Of course you can. There is nothing special about that bundled Python.
The only problem you could encounter is absence of some extension modules.

> Do I have to install Python separately?

   You don't.

> Is there a risk that this will confuse Zope?

   There is, if you create or install a module with the name that was
already used by Zope. DateTime, for example...

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru