[Zope] name based virtual hosts with squid

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:10:41 +0000

If I understand you correctly, you want to hide Apache and Zope behind=20
Squid. If you want Squid to rewrite incoming URLs as appropriate to either=
=20
the Apache or Zope server you will need to provide what is referred to in=20
Squid documentation  as a Redirector program. This program/script, which=20
you must supply, can rewrite the incoming URLs using whatever=20
transformation rules you choose to program. The effect is equivalent to=20
using ProxyPass and RewriteCond/RewriteRule with Apache.

See the Squid documentation http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-15.html=
=20
for more information.

Then again why use Squid? You could achieve similar objectives by having=20
Apache ProxyPass/Rewrite directives to rewrite URLs to the Zope server. See=
=20
this list's archives for postings on this subject. Then again Squid would=20
probably work better with a high traffic levels.