[Zope] first logging

Chris Keyes chrisk@nipltd.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:43:01 +0000

As far as I know, they are not going to be the same as any on your
system, when Zope installs for the first time (in a normal install) it
creates a username and password... Once you have logged in you _MUST_
create a new user, log out and log in again. The default user does not
allow you to do much.

Under SuSE there may be a default password, but I suspect that it is
generated randomly...

The good news is that zope comes with a script that allows you to change
this 'emergency' password so that you can get in should you forget your
password.

To do this, you need to go to your Zope directory, and run the
zpasswd.py file like this
python zpasswd.py -u"MyEmergencyUserName" -p"MyEmergencyPassword" access

access is the name of the file that contains the emergency user.

When you restart zope you will be able to log in with this username and
password.

Hope that gets you up and running...

ChrisK