[Zope] updating excel as an odbc datasource

David Carter-Tod wccartd@wc.cc.va.us
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:28:32 -0500

On Thursday 15 November 2001 06:22 pm, Meilicke, Scott allegedly wrote:
 > I'm using excel as an odbc datasource, and my customer needs to be able to
 > update the excel spreadsheet.  However, when zope has connected to the
 > database connector, I can not open the file read/write, nor can I replace
 > the file with another.  Read-only is checked on my odbc driver.
 >
 > Any thoughts on how to get around this?

I suspect the problem is that you need to set read-write security
permissions on the excel file (in the file system).  MS Access can have
this problem too.

David
--
David Carter-Tod
<wccartd@wc.cc.va.us>

Instructional Technologist/Distance Education Contact
Wytheville Community College, 1000 E. Main St.,
Wytheville, VA 24382
(wk) 540-223-4784
http://www.wc.cc.va.us/

Online certificate in web site design: