[Zope] updating excel as an odbc datasource

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:08:55 -0800

The problem is that I can't replace the production version while zope is
running.  Even when I close the database connection, then try to erase the
file I get: 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process'

I have also tried to change the odbc source from file1.xls to file2.xls,
stop and start the database connection within zope, but zope, or the odbc
connection, just won't let go of file1.xls, and does not see the new
file2.xls.

- Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan C [mailto:alanc@tech-world.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 9:03 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] updating excel as an odbc datasource

Since you said that this will be updated periodically, you might consider
having a production version and an updateable version of the xls. When the
updates are made, copy it to the production folder. This should eliminate
the locking contention. Not a good solution for constantly updated
databases, but good for periodic things.

- Alan
Zope tips and tricks site
http://twsite.bizland.com/zopetips.htm