[Zope] Maybe a stupid newbie question - forcing an in loop to the Root Folder's context.

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:23:14 -0500

On Saturday 17 November 2001 12:47 am, Jim Nicholson allegedly wrote:
> I've created a method in the root folder that basically does some dtml-in
> looping over objectValues. It works fine when included (via var) in other
> methods and docs in the root window.
>
> The problem is that I want it to be aquired by sub-folders, but want it to
> still loop through the root folder's contents.
>
> In other words, I should be able to call my method anywhere in sub-folders
> or items deep in the site, and still get a list of objects in the root
> folder.
>
> Can I do this in DTML? Does it require python? Does it need to be an
> external script? Can someone point me in a direction?
>
> - Jim
> dongle@home.com

Use a DTML Document in the Root folder. "Containment before context"

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org