[Zope] Urgent help needed: Zope falls over under moderate loa d

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:31:42 -0500

> Zope's http layer simply wasnt
> designed with this kind of robustness in mind, and its only a small
> exaggeration to say that *everything* is wrong.

Maybe it wasn't designed for it, but it's being used as if it was. ;-)

> Also, Im not sure its worth the effort. This isnt the only compelling reason
> for using a font-end proxy. Using a proxy makes this problem a non-issue, so
> why bother fixing it?

Well, I'm not sure what "it" is, yet, so I don't have a sense of the
cost involved.  If there is a bit of low-handing fruit that takes away
some of the brokkenness, it'd be nice to put in..

But it'd also be nice to have a reasonable HTTP implementation.  It's
conceivable that a proxy could tickle one of these bugs just as well as
a user, no?  I'm sure that Sam Rushing would like to know if there are
problems with Medusa as well.

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com