[Zope] RE: Caching...

Mario Valente mvalente@ruido-visual.pt
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:34:55 +0000

At 21:20 20-11-2001 -0600, Michael Fraase wrote:
>>   - change from Windows to Linux
>
>Maybe, but again, Windows didn't fall over--Zope did.
>

>I hate to be put in the position of defending Microsoft, but the OS
>didn't fall over. Neither did my DSL connection. Zope did.

  "No judge sir, I'm sorry, I'm not guilty of killing that guy. My
  gun did. I was just holding it".

  Nice excuse. So Windows has shitty memory management,
 stupid or inexistent threads. Zope depends on both to run
 nicely. Zope crashes because it requests heavy kung fu from
 the OS and the OS is unable to handle it and simply replies "get
 a life". And you're defending the OS ? :-)

  Hey, you're the one with the problem :-) We also had our consumer
 portal running on Windows NT machines (remember, we have upwards
 of 1 million hits per day) and were rebooting the machines daily. Guess
 what happened when we changed to Linux, with no changes in the
 code ? Yep, we normally have at least 1 week of Zope uptime, getting to
 2 weeks at times.

>>   - put Squid in front of your Zope
>
>Excellent advice for Linux users.

  No. Like someone already said, you have Squid for windows too.

  C U!

  -- Mario Valente