[Zope] Re: SiteAccess doesnt have security :was [SiteAccess/TinyTablePlus perplexed]

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:00:59 +0100

Trevor Toenjes writes:
 > > In the AccessRule there is not yet a security context
 > > (authenticated user).
 > > You can only access public objects. Maybe, an External Method
 > > is your best choice.
 >
 > Is there a way to set a security context? I think I am missing the point.
The security context is set after URL traversal.
At least, it is not easy to set it before.
Read

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

for details on the publishing process.

 > To clarify...Your suggestion implies that calling an external method from
 > the AccessRule could work, or did you imply to replace the whole AccessRule?
Make the External Method your AccessRule.

Dieter