AW: [Zope] Difference between Pydoc and DocFinder

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:07:49 +0100

Damir Bartakovic writes:
 > Ok, thanks for your precise description. I think I understand it, almost ...
 > Since I am new to Python, just a little thing.
 > >  While "DocFinder" looks for documentation strings, "pydoc" looks
 > >  for documentation comments (preceeding the object).
 >
 > With documentation string you ment the __doc__ attribute ?
Yes.
 > And a documentation comment looks like """ this is a comment """ or?
That a documentation string (going into __doc__), if it is
the first statement in an object (module, class or function).

A documentation comment is a comment (a block of lines starting
with '#') usually preceeding an object.

Dieter