[Zope] acquisition

Andrew Perella ajp@eutechnyx.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:57:59 -0000

Thanks for your reply Dieter.

Here is a bit more info.

For site 1 I have 3 users:
	tuser             - all access except zope admin stuff
      man               - all access except zope admin stuff
	superuser         - all access

for site 2 I have another acl_users folder defining only
	man			- all access except zope admin stuff
	superuser         - all access

Are you saying that the only way to get aquisition to work is if site1 is
accessible by anonymous.
If so can I create this hierarchy?:

  site0    (with anonymous access - but not really a site at all just
uncluding all components needed by site1 and site2 such as dtml methods and
python scripts etc)
     site1  (with access to tuser,manmsuperuser)
        site2 (with access to man and superuser)

Thanks,
Andrew

> Is your "superuser" a user defined in an "acl_users" inside "site2"?
>
> Then, it cannot access objects outside "site2" unless they are
> accessible by "Anonymous".
> This is a feature, the Zope developers worked hard to get implemented....
>

> Dieter

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail to or from Eutechnyx is intended to give rise to contractual or other legal liability, apart from liability which cannot be excluded under English law.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322