[Zope] Inserting headers and footers in response messages

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:05:54 -0800

Thanks, but python doesn't grok <dtml-var standard_html_header>
That looks like a couple of identifiers surrounded by less-than and
greater than...

On 11/25/01 at 4:46 PM Nitin Borwankar wrote:

>Just guessing, but it would probably work if you did
>
>         self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type',
>           'text/html')
>           return <dtml-var standard_html_header>
>              + ''' <h1 color="red">Invalid email address:
>             please press your browser's 'back' key and correct
>             it</h1>'''
>             + <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
>i.e. quote only the <h1>...</h1> part but not the two
<dtml-var..>'s.
>I am guessing the quoting is preventing it from rendering.
>
>I am guessing again that the <dtml-var ...> will render inside a
return
>statement just as it
>does outside it in a plain DTML document or method.
>
>Of course a Python script that does the needful ( ie invoke
>context.standard_html_header() + <h1> ...</h1> +
>context.standard_html_footer() )
>could be written and then invoked from inside the return
statement.
>This way it will render inside the Python script.
>If you want to parametrise the method, pass in the <h1>...</h1>
stuff as
>a string parameter.  This will effectively give you a Python
script that
>puts the standard header/footer around any message you want.
>

>Nitin Borwankar.
>nitin@borwankar.com
>

>> Most current information can be found at:
>> http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
>> Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
>> Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" &
"Thinking